A Pot of Pipis, Clams or Vongole
Roll up your sleeves and get stuck into a bowl of these tasty little seafood morsels.
|Serves:||4 as a main, 6 as an entree|
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 100g unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2kg pipis, clams or vongole, scrubbed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped continental parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- crusty baguette, for serving
Melt half the butter and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the pipis and wine, cover and bring to the boil. Add tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until pipis have all opened (discard any that have not opened). Stir in remaining butter, parsley and herbs and serve in bowls with baguette to mop up the juices.
Recipe Type: Seafood
|Date Created:||December 1, 2018|