Almond Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel with Avocado Salad
Almonds give this schnitzel great crunch and flavour .
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||5 minutes|
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup plain flour, seasoned
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 11/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- extra light olive oil, for shallow frying
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- grated rind and juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- sea salt, to taste
- 100g rocket
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
Coat chicken in flour, dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs combined with almonds, pressing firmly. Pour extra light olive oil into a frypan until 1cm in depth. Heat oil and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through, reducing heat if necessary. Drain on absorbent paper and serve with Avocado Salad.
To make avocado salad, shakeextra light olive oil, lime rind, juice and sweet chilli sauce in a jar to make a dressing and season to taste. Toss rocket, capsicum, cucumber and half the dressing together and arrange on a serving plate. Coat avocado in remaining dressing and arrange on top of salad. Serve immediately.
Substitute shredded coconut or sesame seeds for almonds.