Asparagus and Tomato Salad with Capsicum Dressing
A salad that may be served as starter or on a large platter to share as a side.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||5 minutes|
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g red capsicum or tomato pesto
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40g rocket leaves
- basil leaves, for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper, for sprinkling
Cook asparagus in a frypan with 1/2 cup water until tender but still bright green. Drain and refresh under cold water. Arrange asparagus and cherry tomatoes on a serving platter. Combine pesto with lemon and olive oil to make a dressing and drizzle over salad. Top with rocket and serve garnished with basil leaves and a sprinkling of black pepper.