Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Fig Paste and Frozen Grapes
Baked Camembert is an excellent party hors d’oeuvre to serve with drinks or in place of dessert with a sweet dessert wine.
|Preparation Time:||5 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 1 x 250g wheel camembert cheese, chilled
- 100g fig or quince Paste, cut into rounds
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed in refrigerator
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 200g grapes, cut into small bunches and frozen
Place pastry sheet onto a baking paper lined tray and place slices of fig paste in the centre roughly
the size of the camembert. Place the camembert on top, enclose in pastry, pinching edges together and place seam-side down on the tray. Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 200°C for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Allow to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour, before serving with frozen grapes.
Alternative – Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Pesto and Slow Roasted Cherry Tomatoes: Substitute ¼ cup pesto for quince paste and 200g slow roasted cherry tomatoes on the vine for the frozen grapes, and proceed as above.