Recipe Category: Main Courses
Beef Steak with Thyme Balsamic Jus and Chargrilled Asparagus for Two
Chargrilled steak with a piquant balsamic jus.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 1 bunch baby asparagus, trimmed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 beef steaks (porterhouse, scotch, rump or fillet)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 50g salted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme sprigs
Coat asparagus in 1 tablespoon olive oil and chargrill until tender. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan, season steaks and pan fry in hot pan for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking. Remove and allow to rest. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan and sauté garlic until softened. Deglaze pan with vinegar and remove from heat. Swirl in butter until just melted to make a jus. Add thyme and season to taste. Serve steaks with asparagus and drizzle both with Thyme Balsamic Jus.