Recipe Category: Pastries
Bloody Mary Bocconcini Bites
Pass around these little tarts at your next gathering.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup Italian-style tomato cooking sauce
- few drops Tabasco sauce, to taste
- few drops Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 2 shakes garlic salt
- 24 savoury pastry shells*
- 180g bocconcini
- 24 small fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Combine tomato sauce, Tabasco, Worcestershire and garlic salt together and spoon a teaspoon into each pastry shell. Drain bocconcini, cut in half, and place one into each pastry shell. Bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes until bocconcini has softened. Serve immediately garnished with basil leaves.
•*Pre-cooked savoury pastry shells are available in most supermarkets.
•Bocconcini Bites can be assembled and refrigerated ready for baking up to 2 hours
•For Sweet Chilli Bocconcini Bites substitute the spicy tomato sauce with sweet chilli