Bocconcini and Capsicum Bruschetta
A very moreish Italian-style snack.
|Preparation Time:||5 minutes|
|Cooking time:||5 minutes|
- 8 slices thick ciabatta bread or baguette
- olive oil, for brushing
- 200g tub cherry bocconcini
- 200g red capsicum or tomato pesto
- 16 black kalamata olives
- basil leaves, for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Brush bread slices on both sides with olive oil and grill on both sides until golden. Drain bocconcini and tear apart. Spread bruschetta with pesto and top with torn bocconcini, olives and basil leaves. Season with pepper and serve.
• Substitute bocconcini with crumbled feta or fresh ricotta.
• Try adding a little prosciutto.
• Assemble close to serving time to ensure bruschetta stays crisp.