Festive looking morsels of bocconcini for your next gathering.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
- 180g tub bocconcini
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or smoked ham
- 16 pitted black kalamata olives
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cut prosciutto in half lengthways into strips. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each bocconcini.
Using wooden skewers or cocktail picks, skewer 1 olive, 1 cherry tomato, 1 basil leaf and one prosciutto-wrapped bocconcini onto each skewer. Combine olive oil and vinegar together in a screw top jar and season to taste. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over skewers and sprinkle with pepper.
Recipe Type: Italian