Braised Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta Crumble
A fresh take on brussel sprouts means they will never again be a boring side dish!
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 100g flat pancetta or bacon, finely sliced
- 2 slices ciabatta or crusty bread, finely diced
- 500g brussel sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- freshly ground black pepper, for sprinkling
Place pancetta in a cold large frying pan, heat up to allow the fat to render, then fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove pancetta with tongs, retaining fat in the pan, and drain on absorbent paper. Add bread to pan and fry, stirring, until toasted. Drain on absorbent paper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan and cook sprouts, cut side down, until golden brown. Continue to cook, shaking the pan, for 5 minutes until tender but still bright green. Add cider vinegar, tossing until almost evaporated and serve sprouts on a platter, drizzled with oil and sprinkled with pancetta, toasted crumbs and pepper.