A creamy puree of cannellini beans, semi-dried tomatoes and a sprinkling of gremolata makes a delicious topping for crunchy crostini.
|Preparation Time:||5 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 400g cannellini beans or butter beans, undrained
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small baguette
- 125g semi dried tomatoes or 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons continental parsley leaves
- grated rind 1 lemon
Bring beans together with their liquid to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until creamy and most of the liquid have reduced. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season. Cut baguette into approximately 24 thin slices, brush with oil on both sides and grill until golden on both sides. Spread with cannellini puree, top with a semi-dried tomato and serve drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with gremolata and pepper.
Finely chop garlic and parsley together and mix in lemon rind. Use to sprinkle.
Cannellini bean puree can be made in advance and gently warmed before assembling.