Cannoli with Two Fillings – Choc Hazelnut & Orange Pistachio
Two delicious ricotta based fillings to pipe into storebought cannoli shells.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
- 500g full fat traditional ricotta*
- 2/3 cup double cream
- 10-12 large cannoli shells
- icing sugar, for dusting
- CHOC HAZELNUT FILLING
- 1/3 cup (50g) roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (100g) Nutella choc hazelnut spread
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ORANGE PISTACHIO FILLING
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- grated rind 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 50g shelled pistachio, finely chopped
Combine the ricotta and cream together and divide evenly into 2 mixing bowls. For the Choc Hazelnut Filling, mix half the hazelnuts, Nutella and vanilla into one portion of ricotta. For the Orange Pistachio Filling, mix in the sugar, orange rind, juice and half the pistachios. Pipe each filling into cannoli shells (you can do half in each side if you like!) and dip the ends into the corresponding nuts. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
* Use full fat Italian-style ricotta that is cut from the wheel not smooth spreadable ricotta.