Celeriac, Almond and Caraway Slaw
A delicious slaw that just happens to be low in fructose.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
- 500g celeriac
- grated rind and juice 1 large lemon
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander or parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup egg mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons caraway or fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
Peel celeriac and cut into matchstick strips with a mandolin or use a grater. Immediately pour boiling water over celeriac, allow to stand 1 minute, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Combine with remaining ingredients, adding almonds just before serving to maintain their crunch. Season and serve garnished with coriander leaves.