Recipe Category: Soups
Celery and Garlic Soup with Dill Yogurt
A creamy celery soup set off with a tangy dill yogurt.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 whole bulb garlic, peeled
- 1 head celery and leaves*, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups Greek style natural yogurt or cream
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
Heat oil and butter and sauté onion and garlic until softened. Add celery and 1 teaspoon salt and sauté for 10 minutes. Add stock and bicarbonate of soda**, bring to the boil and simmer covered for 30 minutes until very soft. Puree using a stab blender, gently reheat and stir in 1 cup yogurt. Season to taste, adding a pinch of sugar if needed. Serve in bowls dolloped with Dill Yogurt and garnish with dill.
Mix 1 cup yogurt with chopped dill and season to taste.
* If the celery is stringy, then remove strings with a vegetable peeler.
** The bicarbonate of soda helps to retain the bright green colour.