Recipe Category: Main Courses
Chargrilled Pork with Roast Fennel, Apple and Dill
Tender juicy pork works so well with this combination of roasted fennel and apple in a cider sauce finished with dill.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||35 minutes|
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 green apples, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup apple cider or dry white wine
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 4 pork scotch fillet steaks, at room temperature
Toss fennel, onion, apples, garlic, caraway seeds and oil together in a roasting dish, season and roast at 200°C for 30 minutes until golden. Place roasting dish on cooktop, add cider and bring to the boil. Turn off heat, stir in butter and dill and season. Season steaks and chargrill for 3-5 minutes on each side until done to your liking. Arrange vegetables and apple on serving plates, place steaks on top and drizzle with pan juices.
Beef, chicken or lamb can be substituted for the pork steaks.