Chicken and Apple Mint Salad
Tender slices of warm chicken fillet tossed with a gorgeous green salad of cos, rocket and mint with the crunch of green apple.
|Serves:||4 as a main course|
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 750g chicken fillets (skin on)
- sea salt, as required
- grated rind of 1 lime and juice of 2
- 1/3 cup extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large green apple, cut into matchstick strips
- 2 tablespoons craisins* or pomegranate seeds
- 1 baby cos lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup chopped roughly chopped mint leaves
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 1 lebanese cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, deseeded and sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- mint leaves, for garnish
Season chicken with 1 tablespoon salt and allow to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, combine lime juice, oil, honey, 1 teaspoon salt, apple and craisins together and allow to stand. Chargrill chicken for 5-10 minutes on each side until cooked through and rest for 5 minutes. Toss lettuce, rocket, mint, cucumber, spring onions and half the almonds together with the apple mixture. Slice the chicken and layer chicken and salad into a serving bowl. Finish with grated lime rind, remaining almonds and extra mint leaves for garnish. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, if desired.
*Craisins are sweetened dried cranberries available in the dried fruit section of the supermarket. Chopped dried apricots can also be substituted.
|Date Created:||January 21, 2019|