Recipe Category: Soups
Chicken Dumpling Noodle Soup
A soulful bowlful!
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 250g fine spaghetti or vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 500g chicken mince*
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped continental parsley
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 litres chicken stock**
- parsley leaves, for garnish
- shaved Parmesan, for serving
Cook noodles in a saucepan of salted boiling water until just al dente, drain and set aside until required. Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl and mix in mince, garlic, egg, chopped parsley, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Bring the stock to the boil in a large pot. Form mince mixture into meatballs and add to simmering stock, poaching for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in cooked noodles and serve soup in big bowls garnished with parsley, Parmesan and pepper, with plenty of crusty bread.
* Use chicken thigh mince rather than chicken fillet mince, for juicier dumplings.
** To learn how to make your own home made chicken stock, refer to my blog post on this topic on my website at foodcentric.com.au
Note: Soup may also be finished with 2 lightly beaten eggs, whisked into the soup in a steady stream.