Coconut Beer Battered Prawns with Chilli, Lime and Ginger Sauce
Prawns in a crispy beer batter and coconut coat with a sweet, sour and spicy sauce.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup chilled beer (freshly opened)
- 500g peeled green prawn cutlets, tail intact
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- extra light olive oil, for deep frying
- coriander and lime wedges, for garnish
- CHILLI, LIME & GINGER SAUCE
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander or mint
Just prior to cooking, place flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre and whisk in the chilled beer to make a batter. Holding by the tail, lightly dip the body of each prawn into the batter and coat lightly with coconut. Deep fry until golden, drain on absorbent paper and serve with Chilli, Lime & Ginger Sauce, garnished with coriander leaves and lime wedges.
CHILLI, LIME & GINGER SAUCE
Combine all ingredients together and use as required.