Recipe Category: Main Courses
Crispy Duck Legs with Roasted Grapes and Rosemary
Rich crispy duck legs are delicious with juicy roasted grapes and the scent of rosemary.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 4 unpeeled cloves garlic, smashed
- 6 duck marylands, trimmed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g red grapes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plum jam or redcurrant jelly
- mashed potato and steamed green beans, for serving
Place half the rosemary and garlic in a large roasting tray. Cut a few slashes into the skin of each duck leg, arrange on top of the rosemary and sprinkle liberally with salt. Roast at 200°C for 30 minutes. Add grapes in bunches around the duck and roast a further 30 minutes. Remove duck and allow to rest. Remove rosemary and discard. Add vinegar and jam to the hot pan juices, mixing into the grapes. Serve duck with roasted grapes and pan juices over a bed of mashed potato with green beans on the side.