Crispy Whitebait with Dill Caper Mayo
Crispy fried whitebait with a creamy dipping sauce makes a tasty starter.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 500g whitebait
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- extra light olive oil, for deep frying
- lemon wedges, for serving
- DILL CAPER MAYO
- 1/2 cup good quality egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek style natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons capers
Combine all ingredients for Dill Caper Mayo together. Just before serving, toss whitebait in flour and salt until well coated and shake in a sieve to remove excess flour. Heat the oil and deep fry the whitebait for 3-5 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve sprinkled with salt and extra dill, accompanied with Dill Caper Mayo and lemon wedges.