Cuban Mojo Pork with Bean and Corn Salsa Salad
Pork fillets marinated in Cuban flavours then chargrilled and served over a colourful salsa-style salad.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 750g pork fillet, trimmed
- 1 cup Cuban Mojo Marinade (see Tip for Recipe)
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small capsicum, finely diced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander,
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- lime wedges and extra coriander, for serving
Marinate the pork in 1/2 cup Mojo Marinade for at least 1/2 hour. Combine beans, corn, spring onions, capsicum, cucumber, tomato and coriander with 1/4 cup Mojo Marinade and season. Chargrill pork, for 10 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking, rest 5 minutes before carving into slices. Arrange lettuce leaves onto a serving platter, top with salad and sliced pork, drizzle with remaining marinade and serve garnished with lime wedges and extra coriander.
CUBAN MOJO MARINADE
1 bunch oregano
1/2 bunch coriander
1/2 bunch mint
6 cloves garlic
1 green chilli
1 tablespoon cumin
2 teaspoons salt
juice 1 lime
grated rind and juice 2 oranges
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pour into sterilised jars, seal tightly and keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
Cut soft tortillas into wedges, arrange on oven trays and bake at 200°C for 5-10 minutes until golden. Allow to cool to crisp, and serve with salad.