Green Olive and Pistachio Tapenade
A piquant spread that is perfect served with fresh tomatoes and crusty bread.
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup continental parsley leaves
- 4 anchovies
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
Blend all ingredients except oil together to make a paste and mix in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the garlic flavour to soften. Spoon into a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with parsley leaves and a sprinkle of pepper. Serve thinly spread onto crusty bread accompanied by cherry tomatoes.
Tapenade keeps refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.