Grilled Chicken, Roast Pumpkin and Chick Pea Salad
A vibrant salad of chargrilled chicken tenders with sweet roasted pumpkin and plump chick peas.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled cut into wedges
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g chicken breast tenderloins
- 100g rocket
- 400g can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- balsamic glaze, for drizzling
Toss pumpkin, capsicum and red onion on a baking tray with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season. Roast at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until tender and grill for a few minutes to colour slightly. Coat chicken with a little olive oil and season. Chargrill for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Toss rocket and chick peas with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season and arrange on a platter. Top with roasted vegetables and chicken, drizzling all generously with balsamic glaze.