G&T Oysters with Cucumber and Basil
Fresh oysters get a shot of G&T.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, unpeeled, cut horizontally
- tiny basil leaves, for garnish
- G&T DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon gin (Hendricks recommended)
- 1 tablespoon tonic water (Fevertree recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
Shake all ingredients for dressing together in a jar until sugar dissolves. Use a melon baller or teaspoon to deseed the cucumber and finely dice. Just before serving, mix cucumber into dressing and spoon over oysters. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.