A true Mexican-style Guacamole taught to me by a Mexican chef.
|Preparation Time:||5 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 small tomato, finely diced
- lime juice, to taste
- chilli powder or paprika, for sprinkling, optional
- extra coriander leaves, for sprinkling
Grind onion, coriander, salt and jalapeno to a paste in a mortar and pestle (or mash with a fork on a board). Cut avocado in half, remove stone and cut the avocado into large cubes in the shell. Add to the paste, stirring to break up the avocado a little but keep it chunky. Mix in tomato and season with lime juice and salt. Serve garnished with chilli powder and coriander leaves. Serve with Tortilla Crisps.
Cut soft flour tortillas into wedges and oven bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes until golden. Allow to cool to crisp.