Recipe Category: Preserves
Home Made Basil Pesto
There is nothing like the flavour and vibrant colour of a home made pesto.
|Makes:||1 1/2 cups|
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Blend basil, garlic and pine nuts together in a food processor or mortar and pestle until finely chopped. Blend in oil and Parmesan to form a paste and season to taste. Store refrigerated in an airtight glass jar with a layer of olive oil on top for up to 1 month. Use in risotto, pasta, dips, spreads, salad dressings and as a marinade for meat and seafood.