King Prawn Paté on Lavoche
An elegant answer to boring old dip, this Prawn Paté can be served on a crisp cracker, spread as a cocktail sandwich filling or dolloped into pastry cases.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
- 250g cooked King prawns, peeled
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 125g mascarpone or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or tabasco hot sauce
- sea salt, to taste
- lavoche crackers, for serving
- dill and baby capers, smoked salmon roe or finger lime caviar, for garnish
Chop the prawns and combine with spring onions, dill, lemon juice, mascarpone, sriracha and season to taste. Refrigerate until slightly firm. Serve dolloped onto broken pieces of lavoche sprinkled with dill and capers, smoked salmon roe or finger lime caviar.
PRAWN PATÉ PICNIC BREADSTICK
Hollow out the centre of a small breadstick from the ends, leaving it mostly intact. Fill with Prawn Paté, wrap and refrigerate until firm. Serve cut into slices.