Lamb Kebabs with Greek Salad
The olive oil marinade just makes this lamb dish!
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 600g lamb fillets, cubed
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 2cm squares
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 lebanese cucumber, cubed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, parsley or oregano
- 1/4 cup black kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 100g feta, cubed
- extra virgin olive oil,extra, for drizzling
- dried oregano,extra, for sprinkling
- pita bread, tzatziki dip and lemon wedges, for serving
Shake olive oil, lemon rind, juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper together in a jar to make a marinade. Thread lamb cubes and red capsicum onto wooden skewers (allowing 1 capsicum square after each 2 cubes of lamb). Coat with marinade and stand for at least 15 minutes.
To make the Greek salad, gently toss tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, onion, dill and olives together. Dress with extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season to taste and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with cubes of feta and finish with a drizzle of extra olive oil and sprinkling of extra dried oregano.
Chargrill or bbq lamb kebabs until done to your liking and serve with pita bread, tzatziki, lemon and Greek Salad.
You can also use chicken or pork to make the kebabs.