Recipe Category: Main Courses
Lime Coconut Fish with Prawns
Thai-style seafood in a creamy coconut and zesty lime sauce.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 200ml coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- grated rind and juice of 1-2 limes
- palm sugar or brown sugar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander stalks
- 4 pieces blue eye fish fillets
- 8 green king prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 4 baby bok choy, quartered
- 150g sugar snap peas or snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- steamed rice, for serving
Combine coconut cream, fish sauce, ginger and chilli in a large frypan. Add grated lime rind, lime juice and brown sugar, to taste. Bring to the boil and season to taste with extra fish sauce, sugar or lime as needed. Add the fish, prawns and coriander stalks, and simmer for 5 minutes, turning once, until cooked. Meanwhile, combine sugar snap peas and bok choy in a frypan with 1/2 cup water and simmer covered for 3-5 minutes until just tender. Drain. Arrange rice on serving plates, top with vegetables, fish and sauce and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Any type of firm white fish fillets can be used such as snapper, trevally, rockling, blue grenadier or even flake.
Recipe Type: Seafood