Recipe Category: Main Courses
Merry Christmas Salmon with Salad Verde and Smokey Aioli
A slow cooked side of salmon looks sensational spread with a smokey aioli and sprinkled with a salad of herbs.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 1.5 kg side of salmon, pin boned
- 1/2 cup each torn basil, dill, parsley and mint leaves
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 8 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cornichons
- 1/3 cup baby capers
- 1 cup aioli or good quality egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 pomegranate
Pre-heat oven to 150°C. Place salmon on a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray and cover with a second sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool. The fish will continue to cook on standing but will be medium rare in the thickest part.
Combine herbs, spring onions, anchovies, cornichons and capers together to make Salad Verde. Combine aioli and smoked paprika together.
Just before serving, spread salmon with Smokey Aioli and sprinkle with the Salad Verde, pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.