Parmesan Pesto Oysters
A tasty touch for oysters.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 dozen oysters
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- shaved parmesan, for garnish
Blend basil, pine nuts, garlic and oil together in food processor until finely chopped and stir in parmesan. Just prior to serving, place a spoonful of chopped tomato in the shell under each oyster, top with a dollop of pesto and garnish with shaved parmesan.
Pesto can be made weeks in advance. Store in a jar in the fridge with a layer of extra virgin olive oil on the surface.
Pesto is also great served with prawns, in pasta or for pizzas.
Always freshly grate parmesan for best flavour.