Recipe Category: Main Courses
Pistachio Crumbed Pork Cutlets
Juicy pork cutlets in a crisp crumb coating with nutty pistachios and fragrant thyme.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 3 cups fresh or panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme or parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large pork cutlets
- seasoned flour, for coating
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- extra light olive oil or canola oil, for shallow frying
- lemon wedges, for serving
Combine breadcrumbs, pistachios, thyme and salt together. Coat pork cutlets in seasoned flour, dip in egg and coat in crumb mixture. Allow to stand on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes for crumbs to set. Just prior to serving, shallow fry in hot oil on both sides until golden. Drain on an oven tray lined with absorbent paper. Remove the paper and bake at 200°C for 5-10 minutes to finish cooking. The pork is best served a little pink. Serve with lemon wedges and salad.
Cutlets can be crumbed and kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.