Porcini Mushroom, Ricotta and Pine Nut Bruschetta
Delicious aromatic sautéed mushrooms on crisp bruschetta spread with creamy ricotta make a moreish mouthful!
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms
- extra olive oil, as needed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 6 slices ciabatta bread
- 100g fresh buffalo or cows ricotta
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Soak porcini mushrooms in 1/2 cup boiling water, drain, reserving liquid, and finely chop. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frypan and sauté garlic and Swiss Brown mushrooms until softened. Add porcini mushrooms, reserved liquid and thyme and cook, stirring until liquid has mostly evaporated. Season. Brush ciabatta on both sides with olive oil and chargrill or grill on both sides until golden. Spread with ricotta, sprinkle with half the pine nuts, top with warm mushroom mixture, drizzle with oil and serve sprinkled with remaining pine nuts, pepper and extra thyme.
To make this extra special, season mushrooms with truffle salt or mix in some truffle paste!