Recipe Category: Entrees
Prawn and Avocado Cocktails with Pinot Grigio Aioli – For 6
A retro favourite, the ol’ Prawn Cocktail, gets a fresh new look!
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes plus refrigeration time|
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon pinot grigio vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 500g cooked peeled cocktail prawns
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio Aioli (recipe below)
Combine avocado, vinegar and 1 tablespoon chives together. Gently mix in prawns and oil. Season to taste. Divide the lettuce evenly between 6 serving cups. Top with half the prawn mixture and dollop with Pinot Grigio Aioli. Top with remaining prawns, dollop with aioli and sprinkle with remaining chives and pepper.
Pinot Grigio Aioli
Makes 1 cup
3 egg yolks
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons pinot grigio vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon sugar
Blend yolks, garlic and vinegar together in a food processor. Gradually blend in oil in a steady stream. Season with salt and sugar and refrigerate until thickened.
Recipe Type: Seafood
|Date Created:||February 7, 2019|