Raclette, Bacon and Leek Scalloped Potatoes
These scalloped potatoes make a great side dish, but served with a green salad could be served for lunch.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||45 minutes|
- These scalloped potatoes make a great side dish, but served with a green salad could be served for lunch.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 4 rashers bacon, cut into thick strips
- 6 large potatoes, peeled
- 200g raclette, gruyere or tilsit, grated
- 4 stalks rosemary, broken into sprigs
- 300ml cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat oil and sauté leek and bacon until golden. Cut potatoes into 1cm thick slices and arrange ¾ of them on the base of a large round quiche or casserole dish. Sprinkle with leek, bacon, half the raclette, half the cream and half the rosemary sprigs. Arrange remaining potato slices decoratively on top, sprinkle with remaining raclette and cream. Season to taste. Bake at 200°C for 45 minutes until golden brown and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary.