Recipe Category: Main Courses
A delicious one tray slow cooked lamb dish with eggplant, capsicum and tomato.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||5 1/2 hours slow cooking|
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1kg boneless leg of lamb roast*
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 bunch continental parsley leaves
Place eggplant in a large roasting tray, sprinkle with salt and stand 10 minutes. Mix in onion, garlic, capsicum, tomatoes and half the spices. Coat lamb in remaining spices and place in the centre of the vegetables and season. Drizzle lamb and vegetables with olive oil. Wrap tray completely in two layers of foil. Slow roast at 140°C for 5 hours. Remove lamb and allow to rest wrapped in foil. Simmer the vegetables in the pan until reduced slightly. Season and stir in half the parsley leaves. Spoon the Ratatouille onto a platter and serve topped with the lamb, sprinkled with remaining parsley.
* This cut is available in most supermarkets or ask your butcher.