Recipe Category: Salads
Red Cabbage, Fennel and Apple Slaw
A colourful coleslaw with the fruity addition of red apple and currants.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 1 large red apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup coriander or parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine vinegar, onion and currants and stand for at least 10 minutes. Just before serving toss together cabbage, fennel, apple, coriander, almonds, oil and onion mixture in a large bowl and season to taste.
|Date Created:||September 1, 2014|