Roast Pumpkin and Bacon Penne Pasta
Sweet roasted pumpkin and smoky bacon tossed with penne pasta makes an easy, tasty meal.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 rashers bacon, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- shaved Parmesan, for serving
Combine pumpkin, onion, bacon, olive oil, salt and pepper in a baking dish and roast at 200°C for 30 minutes until tender and slightly browned. Meanwhile, boil pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until ‘al dente’. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup liquid, and toss pasta with roast pumpkin mixture, extra virgin olive oil, grated Parmesan and basil. Stir in enough of the reserved liquid to moisten the pasta. Season to taste and serve with Parmesan shavings.