Roast Pumpkin Couscous with Basil and Feta
A delicious meat-free meal with the goodness of roasted veggies, fresh basil and creamy feta.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 750g pumpkin, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- sweet chilli sauce, for drizzling, optional
Arrange pumpkin, capsicum, onion and garlic on an oven tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Roast at 200°C in the top of the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Combine couscous with boiling water and 1 teaspoon salt in a covered pot and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, stir in roast vegetables and basil. Layer half the couscous, half the crumbled feta and half the pine nuts onto a serving dish and repeat. Drizzle with olive oil and sweet chilli sauce.
Sweet potato can be substituted for pumpkin.