Recipe Category: Salads
Roast Pumpkin, Spinach and Chickpea Salad
A favourite Autumn salad of roast pumpkin, spinach and chickpeas with a sweet chili dressing.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- olive oil, as needed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large red onion, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
In a baking dish, coat pumpkin with oil, season and roast at 200°C until golden. Marinate onion in lemon juice for 10 minutes. Reserving lemon juice, layer spinach, chickpeas, pumpkin and onion in a serving bowl. Shake lemon juice, sweet chilli sauce and 1/4 cup oil together in a jar and use to dress salad. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.
Substitute lemon with lime and add a little fresh coriander for an Asian twist.
Also good sprinkled with feta.