Roast Pumpkin, Spinach, Fetta and Coriander Salad with BBQ Pork
A wonderful main course salad with pork, spinach and fetta.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 500g pork fillet
- 100g baby spinach or rocket
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 200g fetta
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds or toasted pine nuts
Roast pumpkin in a baking dish at 200°C for 20 minutes until golden. Shake oil, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice together in a jar to make a dressing. Barbeque or chargrill pork fillet until done to your liking and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Arrange spinach, pumpkin, coriander, spring onions and sliced pork on a large platter. Crumble fetta over the top and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds or pine nuts and serve immediately.
•For dish that is even lower in fat, simply omit the olive oil from the dressing.
•Grilled chicken or prawns can also be used instead of pork.