Recipe Category: Main Courses
Roast Spatchcocks with Grapes and Pomegranate Molasses
Slightly spiced roasted spatchcocks with juicy grapes and the tang of pomegranate molasses.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 oranges
- 4 x 500g spatchcocks
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled, smashed
- 400g red grapes, cut into small bunches
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Combine cumin, paprika and salt together and use to season the spatchcocks, inside and out. Juice the oranges, reserving the skins and tuck the skins into each spatchcock cavity. Place in a roasting dish and arrange the onion, garlic and grapes around the spatchcocks. Pour orange juice and molasses over grapes. Drizzle everything with oil and roast at 200°C for 1 hour, basting occasionally. Serve wth roasted grapes and pan juices, sprinkled with toasted pine nuts.
This dish is delicious served with roasted carrots and parsnip puree.
Recipe Type: Christmas