Roasted Mushroom, Kipfler Potato and Spinach Salad
Earthy, roasted mushrooms and nutty kipflers over leafy greens is a meal in itself but also very good with a piece of steak.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 500g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 400g large mushrooms, quartered
- 4 golden shallots or small onions, peeled and quartered
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh oregano leaves
- honey balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze, for drizzling
Cook potatoes in the microwave on High for 4 minutes until just tender. Cut diagonally into thick slices, place on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. On a separate roasting tray, toss mushrooms and shallots with oil and salt and tuck half the oregano in amongst the mushrooms. Roast both trays at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until golden. Toss spinach in a little oil, season and arrange on a large serving platter. Top with roasted mushrooms and potatoes, and drizzle with vinegar and extra oil. Finish with remaining oregano leaves and a sprinkle of pepper.