Recipe Category: Main Courses
Rosemary Tomato Chicken and Capsicum Sauté
Piquant flavours will make this a popular chicken dinner!
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 4 large chicken fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 2 x 10cm sprigs rosemary
- couscous or rice, for serving
Season chicken fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a little oil in a large frypan, brown chicken on both sides and remove. Sauté garlic and onion until softened, add balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, zucchini, capsicum and rosemary and bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan and simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce has thickened. Season to taste and serve over couscous.
Add some chilli flakes for a spicy version.