Seared Beef Fillet with Blue Cheese, Watercress and Radish
Rare beef becomes something really special when partnered with blue cheese and radish on bed of watercress.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 1 kg whole beef fillet, trimmed
- balsamic glaze, as required
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 50g watercress or rocket leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 120g blue cheese
Coat beef in 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, season with salt and pepper and sear on all sides in an oiled heavy based roasting dish over high heat. Place garlic cloves in baking dish alongside beef and roast at 200°C for 20 minutes. Wrap beef in foil and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes. Gently squeeze garlic to remove flesh from skin. Slice beef, reserving any juices, and arrange on a board or platter. Arrange watercress, radishes and roasted garlic over beef and crumble blue cheese over the top. Drizzle with reserved juices, balsamic glaze and olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe Type: Roast