Sesame Chicken, Feta and Avocado Bowl
A colourful meal in a bowl brought to life with a little feta.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked quinoa, brown rice or other grain
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 avocado, quartered
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- rocket, spinach or fresh herbs, for garnish
Shake lemon juice, oil and honey together in a jar to make a dressing. Coat chicken in sesame seeds and fry in an oiled non-stick pan for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Divide quinoa between bowls and top with half the crumbled feta and half the dressing. Arrange the Sesame Chicken, avocado, tomatoes and cucumber on top, sprinkle with remaining feta, drizzle with dressing and finish with rocket and a sprinkling of pepper.