Recipe Category: Preserves
Simple Green Curry Paste
This is a simple green curry paste borne from what I had on hand. It’s a good one to mix up if you have a leftover fresh coriander. Store in a jar in the fridge covered with a thin layer of oil and use within 2 weeks.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 Thai green chilli*
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves and stalks
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (or use shrimp paste)
Blend all ingredients together in a nut mill, small blender or mortar and pestle to make a smooth paste. Store in a jar, covered with oil, for up to 2 weeks. Use as a base for green curry dishes.
*The heat of the paste will vary depending on the size and strength of the chilli so you may need to adjust to your taste.