Smoked Beef Rib
A whole slab of beef rib smoked low and slow with a tasty rub.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
- 2 kg slab of 4 beef ribs (uncut)
- American mustard, for spreading
- DRY RUB
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
Combine all the ingredients for the dry rub together.
SMOKED BEEF RIB
Spread beef rib with mustard and cover all over with Dry Rub. Place in the centre of the smoker and smoke at 135°C (275°F) until the internal meat temperature is 95°C (204°F) and a bark crust has formed (approx 4 hours). Rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Cooking time will vary widely depending on a number of factors, in particular, the temperature management of the smoker, the fuel used and the size and quality of the meat. Allow 4 hours for a full shoulder.