Smoked Oyster Paté
A stylish, smoky and spicy alternative to dip.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
- 200g soft cream cheese
- 85g smoked oysters in oil
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons baby capers
- 2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
- few drops tabasco or chilli sauce, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- paprika, for sprinkling
- croutes or crackers, for serving
Bring cream cheese to room temperature and mix until softened. Drain oil from oysters into cream cheese. Chop oysters and finely chop spring onions and mix into cream cheese with parsley, capers, tomato ketchup and season to taste with tabasco and salt. Refrigerate until firm. Garnish with paprika, extra capers and parsley leaves. Serve with croutes or crackers.
This also makes a great spread for cocktail sandwiches and canapes.