Smoked Pepper Crusted Beef Fillet
Tender and smoky beef with a spicy peppered coating.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||2 hours approximately|
- 1.2 kg whole piece beef fillet
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup cracked black peppercorns
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- fresh herbs, for garnish
- red pesto, mustard or tomato chutney, for serving
Trim the beef of any sinew and excess fat. Combine mustard, thyme, garlic salt and paprika together and use to coat beef. Sprinkle with peppercorns. Smoke in a smoker bbq at 121°C until the internal temperature reaches 54°C (approximately 1 hour). Remove and tent with foil. Increase bbq temperature to High and sear beef until internal temperature is 60°C. Rest, tented with foil, until internal temperature reaches 62°C (rest for at least 20 minutes so juices do not run). Serve sliced garnished with herbs and serve with pesto, mustard or chutney.
A Traeger pellet smoker was used for this recipe.