Snow Pea, Parmesan and Pistachio Salad with Caper Dressing
Crunchy, fresh combination of vegetables with Parmesan.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||5 minutes|
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 2 teaspoons baby capers (or chopped capers)
- juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons continental parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped
Shake all ingredients for Caper dressing in a screw top jar until combined.
Combine snow peas and ¼ cup of water in a pan and bring to the boil, turning occasionally until snow peas are just tender but still bright green in colour. Drain and refresh under cold water. Cut cucumber in half lengthways and, using a melon baller or small spoon, remove seeds then cut the cucumber into slices. Wash and tear lettuce into bite-size pieces. Toss snow peas, cucumber, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, capsicum and parsley together with dressing. Transfer to a serving platter and serve sprinkled with pistachios and shaved Parmesan.